Ph. D. Advertisement Vasanth 2022
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph. D. programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biological and Chemical Sciences for the session starting from January 2022, i.e., Vasant 2022 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only. The online application portal will be open from 25 November 2021 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/.
General Eligibility Criteria
(For school specific eligibility criteria see the table below)
- 6.5 CGPA in 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s degree in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
- The candidate must have qualified at least one of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF or GATE or other relevant national-level examinations as mentioned below, with validity as on 01 January 2022.
- BS-MS students from any of the IISERs/IITs/IISc with CGPA 8 or above on a 10-point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test related criteria.
Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
- (General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)
- DBT-JRF(Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ GATE** (XL, BT only) /JGEEBILS (GS-2021)*** are also eligible to apply.
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
** GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.
*** JGEEBILS and GATE (XL and BT only) candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM Ph. D. applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.
- (General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2)
- Neurodegenerative Disease Biology
- Neurogenetics of sleep
- Stem Cell and Development Biology
- Genome stability
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Virology
- Cell Biology
- Structural Molecular Biology
- New Methodologies in synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Asymmetric Catalysis and Cross-Coupling reactions
- Sustainable Organic Synthesis: Transition Metal-Based Organometallic Catalysis, Photocatalysis, Metal-Free Coupling Reactions
- Supramolecular Chemistry; Molecular Switches and Machines; Foldamer Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Organic Synthesis, Carbohydrate Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, Methodology Development, Crystal Engineering, Soft Materials
- Main Group Chemistry
- Inorganic Reaction Mechanisms, Catalysis, Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Theoretical and Computational physical chemistry and biological physics Statistical mechanics, Nonlinear dynamics
- Ultrafast Vibrational and Electronic Spectroscopy, Quantum Coherences, Molecular Structure and Dynamics
- Fuel cell electro-catalysis, platinum-free catalysts for the cathodic reduction of oxygen in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Photochemistry & photophysics, Hybrid nanomaterials, Light-matter interactions at nanoscale, Raman Spectroscopy using nanomaterials, Organized surfaces
- Biomaterials, Materials Chemistry, 2D Materials, Biodegradation of Nanomaterials, Nanotoxicology, Drug Delivery, Antimicrobial Coatings, Biomimetics
School wise Selection Procedure
It is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short research proposal of 300-400 words, which should clearly state a research problem the candidate find interesting to address and the approach you will take to solve the problem. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section "Statement of Purpose". Please note: the proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology, IISER TVM. The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude and will be a major criterion for short-listing candidates for the interview. Your application will be treated as incomplete if you do not submit the short research proposal.
Short-listed candidates will have to appear for online interviews conducted by IISER TVM. There will be two rounds of online interviews. The final selection of candidates will solely be based on the performance during the interviews.
Marks based shortlisting and online interview.
|Online application portal opened from
||25 November 2021
|Last date for receipt of online applications
||06 December 2021
Tentative Interview Dates
||13-15 December 2021
||16-17 December 2021
|Mode of examination
General Information and Application Procedure
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the url: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the "Submit" button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at: ( https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm )
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post a hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact the Ph. D. coordinator by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
- Reservation in admission for the reserved categories will be as per Government of India rules.