Integrated Ph. D. Advertisement for Physical Sciences, Varsha 2021
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph. D. programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in Physical Sciences for the session starting from October 2021, i.e., Varsha 2021 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only. The online application portal will be open from 08 September 2021 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/iphd/
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Sciences/ Material sciences/ Engineering areas closely related to research areas of School of Physics, IISER TVM, with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10-point scale) for General/OBC-NCL candidates and a minimum of 50% marks (or a CGPA of 5.5 in the 10-point scale) for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
- The applicant should have a valid JEST score.
Shortlisted candidates will be selected based on their performance in online interviews.
|Online application portal opened from
||08 September 2021
|Last date for receipt of online applications
||19 September 2021
|Tentative interview dates
||23 and 24 September 2021
General Information and Application Procedure
- Students appearing in the final year Bachelor degree examination are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their admission will be subjected to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the individual school.
- Please go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the following URL:(http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/iphd/). Only online applications are accepted.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload necessary supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark sheet/grade transcript, community certificate etc. in JPEG format only. Go to Required documents (URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/iphd/assets/files/required_docs.pdf ) for the information regarding the size of the files.
- Candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- [candidates belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from payment] as processing fee through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with an application number.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for online interview(s) at IISER TVM.
- Normal relaxation to the eligibility criteria for SC/ST, OBC, PWD, EWS and other reserved categories will be applicable as per Government of India guidelines.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the Integrated Ph. D. coordinator [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Other modes of communication will not be entertained.